Hi I am Mrs Nora de Silva, a specialist English Language and English Literature teacher and curriculum developer (Victoria Junior College, Raffles Institution Gifted Education Programme and Nanyang Girls' High School GEP. I have the rare distinction of being one of the very few teachers who can claim to having taken many students from the Singapore (SEAB) PSLE EL to A levels General Paper.
English enrichment lessons devised and taught by an ex-RI GEP teacher:
- who was involved in curriculum design in the pivotal 1st 10 years of Singapore's Gifted Education Programme (the pre-cursor of Singapore's Integrated Programme)
- is an English Language and Literature specialist (not a cross-over Sec/JC Geog/History/Econs specialist or in primary school, a Maths/Science teacher)
- is a "Lit-crusader",
- is familiar with the route to scholarship awards (even sifted out President's Scholars when they were only Sec 2!),
- has taught humanities scholars in a top JC, as well students from mainstream schools but with special needs (dyslexia, dyspraxia, Asperger's, expressive language disorder, specific language disability, to name a few),
- is experienced with teaching elocution, having taught Speech and Drama;
- converted erstwhile Maths-inclined students and computer geeks into published poets,
- has transformed students from Chinese Language dominant family backgrounds into humanities scholars,
- has helped the lower Sec ACS(Ind) students make the cut (with my Lit Unseen Poetry prog) to get into the International Baccalaureate programme,
- has motivated Normal stream students to make that jump to Express stream,
- served as practicum trainer/examiner for professional courses for senior PSLE EL teachers,
- understands "enrichment" like the back of her hand, and
- consistently writes lessons that are exam-focused and save the student's time.
Interested parents and students can SMS me at 81386011 for info on Eng Lang Enrichment Classes for PSLE, O levels, Sec Integrated Programme (A levels pathway) & General Paper A levels, Sec Literature Unseen Poetry Programmes